We are pleased to announce the release of IcedTea 2.5.2, “Back in the Groovy”!
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as the ability to build against system libraries and support for alternative virtual machines and architectures beyond those supported by OpenJDK.
This release updates our OpenJDK 7 support with a number of regression fixes found in the previous 2.5.1 release. Mostly notably, it includes a backport of a regression fix. With the previous release, a number of Java tools and applications, including Groovy, were broken. This release should resolve these issues.
If you find an issue with the release, please report it to our bug database under the appropriate component. Development discussion takes place on the distro-pkg-dev OpenJDK mailing list and patches are always welcome.
Full details of the release can be found below.
New in release 2.5.2 (2014-08-29)
- Bug fixes
- PR1903: [REGRESSION] Bug reports now lack IcedTea version & distribution packaging information
- PR1948: Only try and symlink debuginfo if STRIP_POLICY is other than no_strip
- PR1948: Fix indenting
- PR1966: Move to new OpenJDK bug URL format
- RH1015432: java-1.7.0-openjdk: Fails on PPC with StackOverflowError (revised fix for PPC32)
- PPC & AIX port
The tarballs can be downloaded from:
We provide both gzip and xz tarballs, so that those who are able to make use of the smaller tarball produced by xz may do so.
The tarballs are accompanied by digital signatures available at:
These are produced using my public key. See details below.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
- 6e36b5922d6a30b28a3387c60cf698461f12ae6471c9deab9c30763cb3505988 icedtea-2.5.2.tar.gz
- 77ebbd7b0c5e5878c779d04342013f9fd7e4c3ad12fa8388e556cbbe74fcce68 icedtea-2.5.2.tar.gz.sig
- 171e1ac6a549a9b15fec30fa308c777d0ac7498cc96058c4a2bcb0b0d0b45bf0 icedtea-2.5.2.tar.xz
- 985835869ccb2e6841ed41edf69b1d9f6aec1b3e5b4154009ca2561bbd8c01a8 icedtea-2.5.2.tar.xz.sig
The checksums can be downloaded from:
The following people helped with these releases:
- Andrew John Hughes (all other bug fixes and backports, release management)
- Chris Phillips (RH1015432)
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea-2.5.2.tar.gz
$ tar x -I xz -f icedtea-2.5.2.tar.xz
$ mkdir icedtea-build
$ cd icedtea-build
Full build requirements and instructions are available in the INSTALL file.