Thu 30 Jan 2014
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as a PulseAudio sound driver, the ability to build against system libraries and support for alternative virtual machines and architectures beyond those supported by OpenJDK.
This release updates our OpenJDK 6 support in the 1.11.x series with the January 2014 security errata and a number of bug fixes.
This is the final update for the 1.11.x series (1.11.15), following the release of the 1.13.x series (see the release policy). Users are advised to migrate to the 1.13.x series as soon as possible.
If you find an issue with the release, please report it to our bug database under the appropriate component. Development discussion takes place on the distro-pkg-dev OpenJDK mailing list and patches are always welcome.
Full details of the release can be found below.
New in release 1.11.15 (2014-01-21)
- Security fixes
- S6727821: Enhance JAAS Configuration
- S7068126, CVE-2014-0373: Enhance SNMP status
- S8010935: Better XML handling
- S8011786, CVE-2014-0368: Better applet networking
- S8021257, CVE-2013-5896: com.sun.corba.se.** should be on restricted package list
- S8022904: Enhance JDBC Parsers
- S8022927: Input validation for byte/endian conversions
- S8022935: Enhance Apache resolver classes
- S8022945: Enhance JNDI implementation classes
- S8023057: Enhance start up image display
- S8023069, CVE-2014-0411: Enhance TLS connections
- S8023245, CVE-2014-0423: Enhance Beans decoding
- S8023301: Enhance generic classes
- S8023672: Enhance jar file validation
- S8024306, CVE-2014-0416: Enhance Subject consistency
- S8024530: Enhance font process resilience
- S8024867: Enhance logging start up
- S8025014: Enhance Security Policy
- S8025018, CVE-2014-0376: Enhance JAX-P set up
- S8025026, CVE-2013-5878: Enhance canonicalization
- S8025034, CVE-2013-5907: Improve layout lookups
- S8025448: Enhance listening events
- S8025758, CVE-2014-0422: Enhance Naming management
- S8025767, CVE-2014-0428: Enhance IIOP Streams
- S8026172: Enhance UI Management
- S8026176: Enhance document printing
- S8026193, CVE-2013-5884: Enhance CORBA stub factories
- S8026204: Enhance auth login contexts
- S8026417, CVE-2013-5910: Enhance XML canonicalization
- S8027201, CVE-2014-0376: Enhance JAX-P set up
- S6763340: memory leak in com.sun.corba.se.* classes
- S6873605: Missing finishedDispatch() call in ORBImpl causes test failures after 5u20 b04
- S6893617: JDK 6 CNCtx always uses the default ORB
- S6980681: CORBA deadlock in Java SE believed to be related to CR 6238477
- S6995424: Eliminate dependency to a deprecated API com.sun.security.auth.PolicyFile
- S7162902: Umbrella port of a number of corba bug fixes from JDK 6 to jdk7u/8
- S8026826: JDK 7 fix for 8010935 broke the build
- S8027837: JDK-8021257 causes CORBA build failure on emdedded platforms
- Bug fixes
- D729448: 32-bit alignment on mips and mipsel
- Fail if a C and C++ compiler are not detected.
- Only copy tz.properties if the destination directory exists.
- Fix GenerateBreakIteratorData tool so that crashes have stack traces.
- Fix path in nss-not-enabled-config.patch.
- SystemTap support:
- Add garbage collection dtrace/SystemTap probes to HotSpot.
The tarballs can be downloaded from:
We provide both gzip and xz tarballs, so that those who are able to make use of the smaller tarball produced by xz may do so.
The tarballs are accompanied by digital signatures available at:
These are produced using my public key. See details below.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
- 20c0028148fb39bdd6effedb0f3d7d2cf08fc5dc7b65be5e36bccd6771a33e1f icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.gz
- 39b0873bb1a4168376eb3b382ad22c8718228237bb438529abffe269e06e29a6 icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.gz.sig
- 4bd083ceb51da976b6f135780067cee8c84908db0143482ab743101bd0a2458a icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.xz
- ca8639bfc41bec784cf19963d63ac95e779dd21299cd34b16e2ceed076f06d90 icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.xz.sig
The following people helped with these releases:
- Lukas Berk (garbage collection probe support)
- Andrew Hughes (all other backports & fixes & release management)
- Aurelien Jarno (D729448)
- Omair Majid (security backports & NSS config fix)
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.gz
$ tar x -I xz -f icedtea6-1.11.15.tar.xz
$ mkdir icedtea-build
$ cd icedtea-build
Full build requirements and instructions are available in the INSTALL file.