Wed 29 Jan 2014
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as a PulseAudio sound driver, the ability to build against system libraries and support for alternative virtual machines and architectures beyond those supported by OpenJDK.
This release synchronises our OpenJDK 7 support in the 2.4.x series with the upstream u51 b31 tag, fixes the bootstrap issues with the 2.4.4 release and adds in a couple of recent bug fixes.
If you find an issue with the release, please report it to our bug database under the appropriate component. Development discussion takes place on the distro-pkg-dev OpenJDK mailing list and patches are always welcome.
Full details of the release can be found below.
New in release 2.4.5 (2014-01-29)
- S8015976: OpenJDK part of bug JDK-8015812 [TEST_BUG] Tests have conflicting test descriptions
- S8022698: javax/script/GetInterfaceTest.java fails since 7u45 b04 with -agentvm option
- S8022868: missing codepage Cp290 at java runtime
- S8023310: Thread contention in the method Beans.IsDesignTime()
- S8024461: [macosx] Java crashed on mac10.9 for swing and 2d function manual test
- S8025679: Increment minor version of HSx for 7u51 and initialize the build number
- S8026037: [TESTBUG] sun/security/tools/jarsigner/warnings.sh test fails on Solaris
- S8026304: jarsigner output bad grammar
- S8026772: test/sun/util/resources/TimeZone/Bug6317929.java failing
- S8026887: Make issues due to failed large pages allocations easier to debug
- S8027204: Revise the update of 8026204 and 8025758
- S8027224: test regression – ClassNotFoundException
- S8027370: Support tzdata2013h
- S8027378: Two closed/javax/xml/8005432 fails with jdk7u51b04
- S8027787: 7u51 l10n resource file translation update 1
- S8027837: JDK-8021257 causes CORBA build failure on emdedded platforms
- S8027943: serial version of com.sun.corba.se.spi.orbutil.proxy.CompositeInvocationHandlerImpl changed in 7u45
- S8027944: Increment hsx 24.51 build to b02 for 7u51-b07
- S8028057: Modify jarsigner man page documentation to document CCC 8024302: Clarify jar verifications
- S8028090: reverting change – changeset pushed with incorrect commit message, linked to wrong issue
- S8028111: XML readers share the same entity expansion counter
- S8028215: ORB.init fails with SecurityException if properties select the JDK default ORB
- S8028293: Check local configuration for actual ephemeral port range
- S8028382: Two javax/xml/8005433 tests still fail after the fix JDK-8028147
- S8028453: AsynchronousSocketChannel.connect() requires SocketPermission due to bind to local address (win)
- S8028823: java/net/Makefile tabs converted to spaces
- S8029038: Revise fix for XML readers share the same entity expansion counter
- S8029842: Increment hsx 24.51 build to b03 for 7u51-b11
- Bug fixes
The tarball can be downloaded from:
For the first time, we provide both gzip and xz tarballs, so that those who are able to make use of the smaller tarball produced by xz may do so.
The tarballs are accompanied by digital signatures available at:
These are produced using my public key. See details below.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
- 10c08eeffaa0602b23cb957a2595a2ad3ab474cbe47b12743bbdd79037d5883d icedtea-2.4.5.tar.gz
- 5e3d848231193010339ecda3468a512ddf38802fdc1f9942f49c3a380816175e icedtea-2.4.5.tar.gz.sig
- d3f96413c77efa400947d1c5e85bb55fdb0c36d0adb8802f0ca2b283855d305b icedtea-2.4.5.tar.xz
- ad5941a217db86f5ce7197e94ca15dbfeeeb0fdaca9158469b6f88ea8ca8d99f icedtea-2.4.5.tar.xz.sig
The following people helped with these releases:
- Severin Gehwolf (RH910107)
- Andrew Hughes (OpenJDK synchronisation, bootstrap fix & release management)
- Matthias Klose (PR1653)
- Chris Phillips (PR1654, RH1015432)
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea-2.4.5.tar.gz
$ tar x -I xz -f icedtea-2.4.5.tar.xz
$ mkdir icedtea-build
$ cd icedtea-build
Full build requirements and instructions are available in the INSTALL file.