Sat 7 Sep 2013
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as a PulseAudio sound driver, the ability to build against system libraries and support for alternative virtual machines and architectures beyond those supported by OpenJDK.
This release updates our OpenJDK 6 support in the 1.11.x series with a number of bug fixes.
If you find an issue with the release, please report it to our bug database under the appropriate component. Development discussion takes place on the distro-pkg-dev OpenJDK mailing list and patches are always welcome.
Full details of the release can be found below.
New in release 1.11.13 (2013-09-06)
- S4893408: JPEGReader throws IllegalArgException when setting the destination to BYTE_GRAY
- S6563752: Build and test JDK7 with Sun Studio 12 Express compilers (prep makefiles)
- S6631559: Registration of ImageIO plugins should not cause loading of jpeg.dlli and cmm.dll
- S6636331: ConcurrentModificationException in AppContext code
- S6636370: minor corrections and simplification of code in AppContext
- S6729772: 64-bit build with SS12 compiler: SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0×0000000000000048, pid=14826, tid=2
- S6791502: IIOException “Invalid icc profile” on jpeg after update from JDK5 to JDK6
- S6793818: JpegImageReader is too greedy creating color profiles
- S6799141: Build with –hash-style=both so that binaries can work on SuSE 10
- S6816311: Changes to allow builds with latest Windows SDK 6.1 on 64bit Windows 2003
- S6840152: JVM crashes when heavyweight monitors are used
- S6888215: memory leak in jpeg plugin
- S6974017: Upgrade required Solaris Studio compilers to 5.10 (12 update 1 + patches)
- S6980281: SWAT: SwingSet2 got core dumped in Solaris-AMD64 using b107 swat build
- S6989760: cmm native compiler warnings
- S6989774: imageio compiler warnings in native code
- S7000225: Sanity check on sane-alsa-headers is broken
- S7013519: [parfait] Integer overflows in 2D code
- S7018912: [parfait] potential buffer overruns in imageio jpeg
- S7022999: Can’t build with FORCE_TIERED=0
- S7038711: Fix CC_VER checks for compiler options, fix use of -Wno-clobber
- S7196533: TimeZone.getDefault() slow due to synchronization bottleneck
- S8005194: [parfait] #353 sun/awt/image/jpeg/imageioJPEG.c Memory leak of pointer ‘scale’ allocated with calloc()
- S8014469: (tz) Support tzdata2013c
- S8020054: (tz) Support tzdata2013d
- S8020983, RH976897: OutOfMemoryError caused by non garbage collected JPEGImageWriter Instances
- Bug fixes
The tarball can be downloaded from:
For the first time, we provide both gzip and xz tarballs, so that those who are able to make use of the smaller tarball produced by xz may do so.
The tarballs are accompanied by digital signatures available at:
These are produced using my public key. See details below.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
- 3101efa8dd7c0470c375e41cd2adbaae63f6fb65d357b2033069f4f468b3ea08 icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.gz
- 4a92970ffba01374982e0cadb7bd8b4c125d628574294218810fa93db803df1d icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.gz.sig
- 3508f7e3b6560ab138e591f56be541f7b6050f33f25bdede1faa2eb0aff68324 icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.xz
- df4bc78ba9024770a468180a045182e92ee0005bed7159dcd40976f79f4b3467 icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.xz.sig
The following people helped with these releases:
- Andrew Hughes (all backports and fixes except those below & release management)
- Omair Majid (initial version of RH995488)
- Xerxes Rånby (PR1188 ARM fix)
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.gz
$ tar x -I xz -f icedtea6-1.11.13.tar.xz
$ mkdir icedtea-build
$ cd icedtea-build
Full build requirements and instructions are available in the INSTALL file.