Tue 30 Jul 2013
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as a PulseAudio sound driver and support for alternative virtual machines.
This release updates our OpenJDK 7 support to include support for the ARM32 JIT port running on HotSpot 23, meaning ARM users can move to the 2.3.x series. A number of build issues were discovered with the ARM port in the previous 2.3.11 release and this release provides fixes for these.
In addition, IcedTea includes the usual IcedTea patches to allow builds against system libraries and to support more esoteric architectures. In this release, use of the system version of LCMS is again enabled by default, but requires version 2.5 or above.
If you find an issue with the release, please report it to our bug database under the appropriate component. Development discussion takes place on the distro-pkg-dev OpenJDK mailing list and patches are always welcome.
Full details of the release can be found below.
New in release 2.3.12 (2013-07-26)
- ARM Port
- Set Zero flags for ARM32 in jdk_generic_profile.sh
- Tell gcc explicitly that the bytecodes_arm.def input from stdin is C++, allowing C++ flags to be used.
- Use $(CC) as before for bytecodes_arm.s and mkoffsets targets
- Include $(CFLAGS) in assembler stage
The tarball can be downloaded from:
- 3c4e88e7c1b2b39dcd7ed65c3b9a1a8dbd2a48848ce42e1d8a22a6821cf890d1 icedtea-2.3.12.tar.gz
The tarball is accompanied by a digital signature available at:
This is produced using my public key. See details below.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
The following people helped with these releases:
- Andrew Hughes (build fixes and release management)
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea-2.3.12.tar.gz $ mkdir icedtea-build $ cd icedtea-build $ ../icedtea-2.3.12/configure $ make
Full build requirements and instructions are available in the INSTALL file.