Mon 14 May 2012
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK6 using Free Software build tools, along with additional features such as a PulseAudio sound driver and support for alternative virtual machines.
A new set of releases is now available for IcedTea6, which uses OpenJDK6 as its base:
- IcedTea6 1.10.7 (based on OpenJDK6 b22)
- IcedTea6 1.11.2 (based on OpenJDK6 b24)
Full details of each release can be found below.
PLEASE NOTE: With this release, the 1.9 series is now NO LONGER SUPPORTED, in a general push to reduce the release support burden to two releases per JDK release (6, 7, 8). We strongly recommend that you upgrade to a new release series; either of the two above for OpenJDK6. Alternatively, make the jump to OpenJDK7 with 2.0.1, 2.1.0 or 2.2.0 (to be released shortly).
New in release 1.10.7 (2012-05-11)
- Fixed build with GCC 4.7
- Bug fixes
New in release 1.11.2 (2012-05-11)
- Bug fixes
- RH789154: javac error messages no longer contain the full path to the offending file:
- PR797: Compiler error message does not display entire file name and path
- PR881: Sign tests (wsse.policy.basic) failures with OpenJDK6
- PR886: 6-1.11.1 fails to build CACAO on ppc
- Specify both source and target in IT_GET_DTDTYPE_CHECK.
- Install nss.cfg into j2re-image too.
- PR584: Don’t use shared Eden in incremental mode.
- S6792400: Avoid loading of Normalizer resources for simple uses
The tarballs can be downloaded from:
- http://icedtea.classpath.org/download/source/icedtea6-1.10.7.tar.gz (signature)
- http://icedtea.classpath.org/download/source/icedtea6-1.11.2.tar.gz (signature)
- aefa76073ee5c44b9173554d8c50610a394f3123df40b0060ad796fb6d36788e icedtea6-1.10.7.tar.gz
- 078637dc8323951b18cbb2aac56fd2f24baaa81f0757391aaa17e1b7577e9ce5 icedtea6-1.11.2.tar.gz
Each tarball is accompanied by a digital signature (links above). This is produced using my public key.
- PGP Key: 248BDC07 (http://keys.indymedia.org)
- Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07
The following people helped with these releases:
- Deepak Bhole (GCC 4.7 fixes, including S7140882)
- Danesh Dadachanji (backport of PR732)
- Andrew Haley (fix for PR584)
- Andrew John Hughes (all other fixes and release management)
- Denis Lila (fix for PR758)
- Omair Majid (backport of S7103224, patch reviews)
- Xerxes Ranby (review of CACAO/JamVM arch fix)
- Pavel Tisnovsky (backport ofS6792400, fix for PR881 & RH789154))
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf <tarball name> $ cd <tarball name minus .tar.gz suffix>
Full build requirements and instructions are in INSTALL:
$ ./configure [--with-parallel-jobs[=x] --enable-pulse-java --enable-systemtap ...] $ make