Tue 11 Jan 2011
We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of the VisualVM harness!
The main changes are the addition of support for VisualVM 1.3.1 and the ability to install VisualVM outside the JDK directory structure.
- Support for VisualVM 1.3.1.
- Make VisualVM work outside the JVM directory structure.
- Remove the invalid Version field from visualvm.desktop.
- Install visualvm.desktop in the correct location under $(datadir)/applications.
- Add debugging information to the native shared libraries.
- Provide uninstallation support.
The tarball can be downloaded from:
- sha256sum: 69ed2ec8867052757ea2ee416a87a2f636553dbeaa36b452dc5036817672177a
The following people helped with the 1.1 release:
- Andrew John Hughes
- Tomas Hurka
- Jiri Vanek
We would also like to thank all the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf visualvm_harness-1.1.tar.gz $ ./configure $ make $ make install
Full build requirements and instructions are in INSTALL. To build VisualVM 1.3, the option
--with-visualvm-version=1.3 should be specified. To build VisualVM 1.3.1, the option
--with-visualvm-version=1.3.1 should be specified. The default remains 1.2.2.