We are pleased to announce the release of IcedTea6 1.7.1!
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from
OpenJDK6 using Free Software build tools. It also includes the only
Free Java plugin and Web Start implementation, and support for
additional architectures over and above x86, x86_64 and SPARC via the
Zero assembler port.
- PR179: Rhino bootclasspath issue
- Add missing .c file to PulseAudio build
- Formatting changes and other fixes to match upstream
- PR428: Shark on ARM precompiled header incls
- Update Shark for LLVM r95390 API change.
- S6927165: Zero S/390 fixes (from upstream)
- Implemented Shark host CPU feature autotuner using LLVM 2.7 APIs.
- Add s390 support to TCK setup helper script
- Strip stupid options that llvm-config supplies
- Update Shark for LLVM r94686 API change.
- S6914622, S6909153, S6913869 upstream Zero fixes.
- NPPlugin fixes
- PR446: Use JDK_UPDATE_VERSION to set the jpi version.
- Re-designed frame embedding code so that the applet is dynamically packed into given handle. This increases stability and breaks reliance on the assumption that the browser will always provide a handle in a certain sequence.
- Encode new lines, carriage returns, and other special characters before sending them to Java side (de-coding code is already in effect on the Java side).
- Centralised and increased timeouts to give slow-loading applets enough time to load.
- Fix security permissions related to get/set property, based on specifications.
The tarball can be downloaded from:
The following people helped with the 1.7 release series:
Lillian Angel, Gary Benson, Deepak Bhole, Andrew Haley, Andrew John Hughes, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu, Matthias Klose, Martin Matejovic, Edward Nevill, Xerxes Rånby, Robert Schuster,Jon VanAlten, Mark Wielaard and Man Lung Wong.
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ tar xzf icedtea6-1.7.1.tar.gz $ cd icedtea6-1.7.1
Full build requirements and instructions are in INSTALL:
$ ./configure [--enable-visualvm --with-openjdk --enable-pulse-java --enable-systemtap ...] $ make