Mon 16 Apr 2007
So, last week was quite eventful. Firstly, I got accepted for Google’s Summer of Code, working on the Jikes RVM project. I’ll be continuing in much the same vein as last year’s GSoC in implementing the java.lang.management extensions. It gives me a good excuse to finally play around with Jikes RVM again. The last time I tried was several years back when I first started hacking on Classpath, and I fell a victim to its build system, never even getting a running VM out of it. The build system has since been seriously re-jigged, so this time I intend to have more success. At least this time round, I know who to talk to if I don’t…. Implementing the extensions on a VM is a good way to get to know the ins and outs, as it requires some fairly deep hooks. Hopefully, I won’t cause too many ruptions in the codebase…
Other than that, I’ve been playing around with GJDoc, trying valiently to get it to eat the latest Classpath CVS source. I finally succeeded in getting a run through last night, and the results are available on my website. File your bugs in the usual place; believe me, there are plenty!